University College London, Institute of Neurology
Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience and Movement Disorders | James Kilner lab
Currently I’m working on answering two big questions:
(a) How do we remember others’ bodies? –the mechanisms allowing encoding and memory maintenance of body-related information. (b) What is the effect of our inner bodily organs upon cognition? –the influence of oscillatory bodily signals such as heart on the brain). I research these and other questions by examining electrophysiological signals (somatosensory, motor-cortical potentials, ECG, GSR, respiration, etc.)
- Sensorimotor processing
- Familiarity and expertise
- Working memory
- Oscillatory bodily states
- Galvez-Pol, A., Calvo-Merino, B., Capilla, A., & Forster, B. (2018). Persistent recruitment of somatosensory cortex during active maintenance of hand images in working memory. NeuroImage, 174, 153-163. [paper]
- Galvez-Pol, A., Calvo-Merino, B., & Forster, B. (2018). Modulation of motor cortex activity in a visual working memory task of hand images. Neuropsychologia. [paper]
- Galvez-Pol, A. (2017) De fotones a cognición: percepción, memoria y arte en el cerebro. In Schwartz & Bermúdez (Eds.). Nodos. Pamplona: Next Doors Publishers.
- Nadal, M., Gomila, A & Galvez-Pol, A (2014). A history for Neuroaesthetics. In J. O. Lauring (Ed.), An Introduction to Neuroaesthetics: The neuroscientific approach to aesthetic experience, artistic creativity, and arts appreciation. Copenhagen: Museum Tusculanum Press, 3-49. [chapter]
- Galvez, A., Darriba, A., Villacampa, J., Martorell, R., Prada, L., & Barcelo, F. (2013). Effects of aging and executive control on the flexible shifting of stimulus-response mappings in bi-field visuomotor task with increasing cognitive demands. Journal of Psychophysiology, 27, 54-54.
- Nadal, M., Flexas, A., Galvez, A., & Cela-Conde, C. J. (2012). Neuroaesthetics: Themes from the past, current issues, and challenges for the future. Rendiconti Lincei – Scienze Fisiche e Naturali. [paper]